Last updated: 26-05-2018-05
What personal information do we collect?
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To send periodic emails regarding our activities.
- To send the annual membership fee payment.
- To send the print version of ORbit, our society magazine.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is stored and managed by a third-party service provider that complies with the rules and regulation of GDPR.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
We are currently using the following data processors:
- ForeningsAdministrator ApS (data storage and member communication platform)
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website, except for relevant informational links such as conferences, job offers and journals.